PECTUS UP: DOES NOT HINDER THE NORMAL DEVELOPMENT OF THE RIBCAGE
Ventura Medical Technologies has developed the Pectus Up. It is a new minimally invasive surgical technique for the repairing treatment of the Pectus Excavatum.
The Pectus Up is a surgical kit and there are currently two models, the Pectus Up Surgery Kit 1 and the Pectus Up Surgery Kit 2.
The two kits offer a similar therapeutic solution, although with kit 2 the indication of this treatment is extended to a more extensive type of patients.
The Pectus Up consists of an implant and a set of tools used in a new method that is very minimally invasive and therefore not very painful, which entails a short period of convalescence and without serious complications.
The procedure is as follows: the Pectus Up implant is placed on top of the sternum, at the subpectoral level, in the most sunken area of the chest. Subsequently, by means of an elevation system, the sternum is lifted to the desired position and is fixed with the implant.
This new method for the surgical treatment of the Pectus Excavatum, is very minimally invasive and implies important advantages over other currently existing surgical techniques. The most important are: being an extrathoracic surgical procedure, with a short duration of the intervention which reduces the risk of affecting the internal organs and the appearance of serious complications; not being very painful intervention with a low consumption of analgesics; requiring short hospital stays; having a short recovery period; and not requiring intensive care.
Patients with Pectus Excavatum who have been treated with the Pectus Up system highlight this process for being less painful, for the fast incorporation into daily life and a short hospital stay. This is due to the fact that the patient is subjected to a minimally invasive and not very complex procedure.
STEP BY STEP surgical procedure
Below we describe, step by step, the surgical technique for the treatment of Pectus Excavatum with the Pectus Up Surgery Kit 1 and the Pectus Up Surgery Kit 2.
- Fifth International Joint Meeting – Pectus Up Seminar
- Fifth International Joint Meeting on Thoracic Surgery
- Intervention with Pectus Up Surgery Kit 2 by Dr. Fernando Cózar
- Intervention with Pectus Up Surgery Kit 1 by Prof. Karen Redmond (Ireland)
- Intervention with Pectus Up Surgery Kit 1 by Dr. Laureano Molins
- Intervention with Pectus Up Surgery Kit 1 by Dr. Manuel López
- Intervention with Pectus Up Surgery Kit 1 by Dr. Andrés Varela
- Intervention with Pectus Up Surgery Kit 1 by Doctor Patricio Herrera (Chile)
- Fourth International Joint Meeting on Thoracic Surgery – Pectus Up Seminar
- Pectus Up Surgery Kit clinical trial – images
- Surgical procedure – initial phase