Name: Dr. Ioannis Paralikas
Profession: CardioThoracic Surgeon
- Board Certified in the specialty of Cardiothoracic Surgery: Greece (2010)
- Military Medical Academy : Greece(2001)
- Bachelor’s degree Medical Distinction: Ptychio Iatrikes, Aristotelion University of Thessaloniki (2000)
- Cardiac Surgeon at Henry Durant Hospital Center, Athens (2019-present)
- Cardiothoracic Surgeon at Hospital Lefkos Stavros- The Athens Clinic, Athens (2020-present).
- Cardiac and Thoracic Surgeon at Naval and Veterans Hospital, Athens (2016-present)
- Fellow in Cardiac Surgery Department, Lankenau Medical Center Philadelphia , PA, USA (2014-2016)
- Attending Cardiac Surgeon at 401 General Military Hospital, Athens (2012-2014)
- Professor of Military Medicine and Emergency situations in young Doctors during their General Practice at Naval and Veterans Hospital of Athens, Greece (2001-2014)
- Professor of Cardiac and Thoracic Surgery (2010-2014)
- Surgical Teaching Rounds in Cardiothoracic ICU (2010-2014)
- Research participation in the cardiac and thoracic department (2010-2014)
- HENRY DUNANT Hospital Center (Athens)
- Naval and Veterans Hospital (Athens)
- Hospital Lefkos Stavros- The Athens Clinic(Athens)
- 401 General Military Hospital (Athens)
- Navy Hospital (Athens)
Memberships in many medical associations:
- Athens Medical Association
- Greek Cardiothoracic Surgeons Society
- Greek Union of Military Doctors.
He is invited frequently to offer professional expertise on various committees concerning cardiothoracic surgery and military matters.
Dr.Paralikas serves as an instructor, teaching both military and civilian doctors on first aid, emergencies, thoracic, cardiac surgery and naval medicine. He has recently participated, as First Assist, in the first cardiac surgery ever performed in the military force of Greece; awarded the Chief of Navy Ordinance for morals and scientific competence during this initial procedure.
Academic activity: 7 publications in peer-reviewed scientific professional journals. Over 100 presentations in national and international congresses about Cardiothoracic surgery such as the USA International Society for Minimally Invasive Cardiothoracic Surgery.