Name: Dr. José Marcelo Galbis
Profession: Thoracic Surgeon
Head of Thoracic Surgery Service. Hospital de La Ribera. December 2008 – present.
Consultant of the Hospital Intermutual de Levante: 2009 – present.
Respiratory Area Coordinator. Hospital de La Ribera. November 2011 – present.
President of the SECT Foundation..June 2014-2018
President of the Research Commission of the Hospital de la Ribera. August 2015 – present.
Member of Scientific Societies: 16.
Master in Medical Management and Clinical Management (3rd edition).
Training program in Healthcare Area provided by the Universidad a Distancia (UNED), the Escuela Nacional de Sanidad (ENS) and the Ministerio de Salud Carlos III. 2005 – 2007.
National / international publications: 112.
Author – co-author in 42 book chapters.
Speeches at national conferences: 342.
Research lines: senior researcher in 21 projects on lung carcinoma.
1. Qualified by ANECA as a professor hired doctor.
2. Three 6-year terms Research activity according to the report of the national commission evaluating the research activity (CNEAI): sections 1993-2000 / 2001-2006 / 2007-2012.
3. Doctoral Thesis: direction of nine Doctoral Theses.
1. Speaker 43 times in Congresses / Courses.
2. Director of 19 Thoracic Surgery Training Courses.