Name: Professor Karen C. Redmond, MB BCh BAO MD FRCS CTh
Profession: Thoracic Surgeon
Specialty: Cardiothoracic Surgery and Transplantation
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery & Bachelor in the Art of Obstetrics, University College Dublin, NUI, Ireland (1997).
- Associate Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland (2000).
- Doctor of Medicine, University College Cork, NUI, Ireland (2007).
- Intercollegiate Speciality in Cardiothoracic Surgery, Intercollegiate Board Examinations, UK (2006).
- Minimally-invasive Thoracic Surgery and Lung Transplantation Scholarship, Toronto General Hospital, Canada (2008).
- Consultant Thoracic and Lung Transplant Surgeon, Royal Brompton and Harefield NHS Trust, London ,UK (2009).
- Consultant Thoracic and Lung Transplant Surgeon, Mater Misericordiae Universty Hospital, Dublin, Ireland (2011).
- Associate Professor University College Dublin (2017).
- Advanced Leadership Diploma, Timoney Institute (ESME & Havard Business School), Dublin, Ireland (2019).
- Consultant Thoracic and Lung Transplant Surgeon.
- Mater Misericordiae University Hospital (Dublin)
- Beacon Hospital (Dublin)
- Blackrock Clinic (Dublin)
- Bon Secours Hospital (Dublin)
- Hermitage Medical Clinic (Dublin)
- Mater Private Hospital (Dublin)
She is one of the first trained robotic surgeons in the British Isles with recent published comparative meta-analyses on robotic lobectomy (BASCO Award at the 2019 SCTS Annual Meeting) and thymectomy. She is an invited member of the National Cancer Control Programme Robotic Advisory Group for Ireland.
She is one of the first thoracic surgeons worldwide to start an iVATS programme (CT-guided localisation in the Hybrid Theatre) resecting pulmonary nodules supporting diagnosis and / or curative resection of pulmonary metastases.