Name: Dr. Juan José Fibla Alfara
Profession: Thoracic Surgeon
Titles: Doctor of Medicine and Surgery, Associate Professor at the University of Barcelona Hospital: Hospital Universitari Sagrat Cor of Barcelona Position: Deputy Medical Service of Thoracic Surgery
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery from the University of Navarra (Pamplona) and University Clinic of Navarra (1997).
- Specialist in Thoracic Surgery after a MIR training program at the Hospital Universitari de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau. Autonomous University of Barcelona (1999-2004).
- Doctor in Medicine and Surgery from the Autonomous University of Barcelona (2004)
- Training program of the European School for Cardio-Thoracic Surgery. EACTS-ESTS (2003-2004).
- Fellow of the European Board of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgeons (FETCS) after passing the examination of the European Union of Medical Specialists (2005).
- Reviewer of the European Journal of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery, Journal of Thoracic Oncology and Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery since 2006.
- Associate Professor of Surgery at the University of Barcelona since 2015.
- 81 articles published in national and international journals.
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Area of ??Thoracic Surgery of the SEPAR (Spanish Society of Pneumology and Thoracic Surgery) since 2011.
- Member of the National Commission of Thoracic Surgery -Ministry of Health- since 2014.
- Member of the Steering Council of the ESTS (European Society of Thoracic Surgeons) 2014-2016.
- Young Investigator’s Award 2007 of the ESTS (European Society of Thoracic Surgeons).
- 2008 Young Investigator of the SEPAR (Spanish Society of Pneumology and Thoracic Surgery).
- Evarts A. Graham Traveling Fellowship 2009-2010 of the AATS (American Association for Thoracic Surgery).
- Award for professional and scientific career consisting of a one-year Fellowship, Mayo Clinic (Rochester)